Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suzanne_figures
Community Participant

Remove 'Color overlay' in teacher app

Jump to solution

Hi all

I am unable to find out how I remove the 'color overlay'of the courses whilst using the Teacher app. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

@suzanne_figures ,

This is not currently possible. More information can be found in these two threads:

I will add that the Canvas Apps use the Canvas REST API to communicate and the ability to control the color overlay was just added with the April 20, 2019, update. Before then, it could only be changed through the web interface. In some cases, the settings from the web carry over, but not in this case.

The App was last updated a month ago, which was before the ability to set the overlay through the API was available. I don't know whether that functionality will be added in the future or not.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
James
Community Champion

@suzanne_figures ,

This is not currently possible. More information can be found in these two threads:

I will add that the Canvas Apps use the Canvas REST API to communicate and the ability to control the color overlay was just added with the April 20, 2019, update. Before then, it could only be changed through the web interface. In some cases, the settings from the web carry over, but not in this case.

The App was last updated a month ago, which was before the ability to set the overlay through the API was available. I don't know whether that functionality will be added in the future or not.

View solution in original post

suzanne_figures
Community Participant

Hi James

Thank you so much for your answer. How disappointing! Hope Canvas gets rid of colour overlays soon!

Many thanks again.

HI  @suzanne_figures ‌,

I was not able to find a feature idea currently open for voting requesting this, so if it's something you'd like to see voted upon for prioritization and possible implementation, please write one after reading How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?