Remove completed courses from Dashboard as Teacher

Jump to solution
acsiy
Community Member

I recently opened Canvas after a few months and saw all my completed courses (past enrollments) back in the Dashboard's active Published Courses area., whereas they were not displayed as such the last time I logged into Canvas.  They are not favorited (starred) and have all ended.  How do I remove these old courses from the Published Courses area in my Dashboard?  I am the course instructor.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

@FrancescaHancoc ...

However, as this linked Guide states, 

Once your course contains a graded submission, the course status will no longer display in the sidebar and you will no longer be able to unpublish your course.

So, @acsiy may not be able to unpublish courses as you've described.  The course cards on the Canvas Dashboard do have a three-dot icon in the top right corner, but there isn't an unpublish option...as far as I can tell.  There is an "Unfavorite" option within the "Move" tab, but that's not the same as unpublishing a course.

How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Hopefully this helps to clarify things for you.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes