Requirement Settings for the Assignment Group

Jump to solution
SBLOSU
Community Member

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's any way to only allow students to do certain number of assignments (not all) from the assignment group. For example, let's say there are 50 quizzes in total for different topics under the assignment group A. Students are only required to complete 10 quizzes for the topics they choose. Currently, I can only set requirements for the assignment group either students must complete all assignments or one particular assignment. So, I cannot give students a choice to select which quiz they want to complete. Also, I cannot limit the number of quizzes to be completed from the total number of quizzes available within the assignment group.

Our team is dealing with a very large number of students, so it would be very helpful if we can find an automated way to do this. Any advice/help is appreciated, thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@SBLOSU 

I'd approach this by setting a rule on the assignment group to drop the 40 lowest scores. Using this scenario, students can complete as many of the quizzes as they'd like, but only their top 10 scores will count.

Assignment groups don't have requirement settings, so it sounds like you're looking at the all-or-none progression requirements that are part of a module. Check out  How do I create rules for an assignment group? for detailed instructions.

View solution in original post