Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How long does it take for grades to post onto Skyward after I have done grade pass back from eCampus. When I clicked post grades for a quiz on eCampus, I did get the success message, but the grades have not shown up on Skyward yet.

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a student who was accidentally assigned a new ID in our SIS so when our Canvas SIS import ran that evening it assigned the student the new incorrect ID but all their enrollments are still referencing the former correct ID. We got the ID corre...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi! So, I'm returning from Christmas break to do my outcomes assessments. To do the assessments, I need to see the Analytics for my Final Exam for last semester's students. When I open the Exam and load the course I need to analyze, I see the student...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I've got a bunch of announcements in a course I imported that were delayed in their original course.   Now that I've imported them into the new course, the Delay date is unset.   I go Edit the Announcement, check the box to Delay Posting, and enter a...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a way for me to automatically assign points for a "completed" or submitted assignment?  In other words, can I set an assignment to automatically award points to a student who submits a response?   I’m trying this in my Physics classes.  They...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi Everyone,We have noticed that some of our module icons are greyed [grayed] out, despite being published. Does anyone know why?Cheers! Isobel

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When "Find Questions" to a quiz, I am presented with a long list of question banks, most of which do not belong to the course I am currently working. This forces me to navigate this long list of banks from many other courses in order to find the ques...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Are the .epub files exported in a Canvas user's settings area accessible? I have read that the epub3 file format is the recommended standard for epub files, but I can't seem to figure out which "version" of .epub file Canvas exports. Any information ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set up a Canvas quiz (actually a final exam) that is drawing 60 randomized questions from a bank of over 100 questions.  I have had several students report that they are getting one question repeated sometimes 10 or 15 times. I have checked th...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I cannot access my course content through Canvas. I can access Canvas. When I do, there are large icons that I can click on, but I cannot access the content I need within the site. Is there an update currently going on or do I need to do something to...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I make a discussion private so other students can't see a post?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Currently the only way to "remove color" is to select a greyscale value like #000000, #777777, or #FFFFFF, which fades out the image and isn't ideal.I am new to Canvas, so if there is a way to directly write backend CSS files that I'm unaware of, tha...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

- attendance is 10 points per class. (That's correct in roll call settings.)- It is set to reflect as points, not percentage. (Like the rest of the assignments)- We've had two classes. Each of my students' grade under Roll Call Attendance shows 100/1...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I did a bad thing.  At the start of the semester, I set up a pre-test for my students.  It was in the form of a Practice Quiz.  Rather than first add questions to a Question Bank, I just added them directly to the quiz.  Now, I want to set up a...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We'd like to take greater advantage of custom course roles, but it appears that the custom course roles still don't show up in the Inbox when drilling down in a course to view users. I know this has been brought up in the past, and I had thought that...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! At the end of each of my quizzes, I usually like to add "extra credit" or "bonus questions," which are not required for students to answer, but provide an opportunity for students to earn 1 or 2 points beyond the "total possible" points of the qu...

• 13 Likes
  • 20 Replies

I'd like to use an ungraded canvas quiz/survey to solicit votes from my class on topics for the second term. This would be ideally a "ranking" style quiz (see here Survey Ranking Questions vs. Rating Questions  for the distinction between ranking / r...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to determine the default font-family used in Canvas. I need to have that information to report it in a grad school course that I am taking.  I have searched all over for it, but don't see it anywhere.  Any help would be appreciated!  Than...

• 5 Likes
  • 13 Replies

In previous semesters Canvas alerted my Gmail account each time I sent or received a message through Canvas.  This semester it stopped doing it, and there are no options to set it up this way.  I am not home a lot, and I have limited data on my phone...

• 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Can Canvas Data access the granular attendance data created by Roll Call?

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I did a brief search of the general Canvas help and didn't find this, so was wondering if others knew: what does it look like from a student view to submit to an Assignment or Quiz after the deadline has passed? I had a Quiz with a deadline yesterday...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Also, can I keep assignments unpublished but with the proper due dates.  Bottom line,  I was unable to create everything before the course started, so now I am scrambling to create and teach.  Do you have any advice to go about this issue for me in t...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Students created video projects and submitted them to a Canvas assignment.  I would like to download and save some of the submissions to my computer, but can't find a way to do so.  Is this possible?

• 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Our teachers are interested in a Pinterest style app for brainstorming.  A bit more free flowing than a Canvas discussion or a Google doc collaboration.  We'd like to ensure their thoughts are not on a public site in the event they share sensitive in...

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi!My school admin recently added the CK12 app to our Canvas page and I want to add a practice quiz to an assignment.  I can usually see it as an option for an online submission, but I have no idea how to use it.  When I test it out, the app says "yo...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add a student and professor to one section from another section in the same course.  I added them and it sent an invitation.  Beside their names it says pending.  However, they are not seeing an invitation on their end.  Any advice on ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to add points to every student's score on an exam? I only see information about quizzes that are set up in Canvas. I do not see any options for manually entered exam scores.  For example, if there was an error in the key or a question,...

• 9 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there a way to see if a student saw an announcement?  Are there statistics showing how many of the students in a course saw an announcement?

• 8 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I add a  "Next" button in the bottom right hand corner of a page in order to navigate sequentially through the course?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to be able to move modules into another module. For example, Unit 1 exam covers chapters 1-3, and each chapter is a module. Following the exam, I would like to "tidy up" the page, by pushing all exam 1 modules into that module. I was abl...

• 11 Likes
  • 13 Replies