Resetting grades each quarter

Jump to solution
jdresche
Community Novice

How can I reset the grades to zero for the 4th quarter? The grades that are showing are the averages that carried over for the students for the whole school year. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @jdresche . By default, Canvas is set up to factor in all assignments from a course into the grades. Depending on how you and your institution want things to be changed for each quarter, different settings can be enabled and steps can be taken to accommodate that. One thing that account administrators can do is consider using Multiple Grading Periods, How do I add grading periods in an account? 

As the teacher in a course, with no other actions being taken, one thing you could do is add the assignments from each quarter into an assignment group, How do I add an assignment group in a course?  There would still be a total grade that would factor in all assignments, but it would also show students their current grade for each group ("quarter"). You can see how this would look for the students in, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16532-4212829286 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need further assistance!

View solution in original post

0 Likes