Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor Questions

karen_hobbs
Community Novice

Last night I emailed respondus with the issue below and was told to contact Canvas:

The issue with the setting "View Results Only Once After Each Attempt" is an identified Canvas issue that was reported to Instructure Support a few years ago. Unfortunately, this is not something we can fix. We suggest submitting a ticket to Instructure Support inquiring about a status update.

Meanwhile, we recommend the following workarounds:

* Keep View Results "Only Once After Each Attempt" enabled, but via the LockDown Browser Dashboard, uncheck the box that requires the use of LockDown Browser to view the answers. The student will already be in LockDown Browser after exam submission, and the results will immediately show.

or

* Stop using the "Only Once After Each Attempt" setting until Instructure can implement a fix.

Regards,

Mike Fredericks
Respondus Support

So the students cannot see what questions they missed...Strike 1. Also, the Monitor apparently stops recording once the exam is submitted. I guess the Lockdown Browser is still in effect, but how does that stop anyone from taking pictures with another device after the exam? Kind of defeats some of the purpose, unless I am (hopefully) doing something wrong.