Restricting access to share resources.

Jump to solution
Ledian1
Community Member

Hello.

Have a question.

If I have different sections in a course, how can I restrict those sections' access to course materials? – When I talk about materials, I mean, documents and audiovisual resources.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@Ledian1 There is currently not a direct way to do this although it is a common feature request such as this one:

Module access to specific groups, sections or stud... - Instructure Community

There are a few work arounds where you could share the resources in an assignment and then share that assignment with specific sections or you can create groups based on sections and then post the content in that group's homepage.

How do I view content and student activity within ... - Instructure Community

If you like the group idea (that is what we do) then the easiest way to setup the groups is to go into the group set and have Canvas automatically assign groups and have it be the same amount of groups as you have sections.  Then check the little checkbox that group members need to be in the same section.  This will create groups that exactly match your sections.  Please note though that groups do not autoupdate so as student leave or join your course, the groups do not change.

Hope this helps!

-Nick 

View solution in original post