cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpillsbury
Community Participant

Reuse grading scheme in another course?

Is it possible to reuse a customized grading scheme in another course?  I recently created a modified version of our account grading scheme in one course and hoped to simply select the modified scheme in a second course.  However, the modified scheme was not available in the second course to be chosen.

Am I missing something or is this idea not possible?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jw2546
Community Participant

I think it is possible when copying course content, but not without doing that. It seems it saves the scheme associated with a course rather than with you as a user.

BStutzman
Community Contributor

I am able to do this.  I go to settings and check the box to enable a grading scheme.  I then get a button that says "set grading scheme".  When I click on this, I get the option to reuse a grading scheme that I made previously.  Perhaps it is something within your admin panel if you don't have the same experience.

jw2546
Community Participant

Hello @BStutzman ,

I am unable to replicate your results. I have looked through our admin settings and do not see it there either. Can you verify that the scheme did not come over as part of a course copy, blueprint, or account-level scheme? Could you maybe share screenshots?

Thank you for your time,

James

BStutzman
Community Contributor

I can verify that the scheme did not come over as part of a course copy, blueprint, or account level scheme.  I can click on manage grading schemes and add my own or choose one that is there at the account level.

jw2546
Community Participant

Right. I can add one or choose an account one, but I cannot create one in course A and see it in course B.

BStutzman
Community Contributor

I see what you mean now.  I am sorry that I first misunderstood.  Yes, that is also my experience.  To have those schemes roll from course to course, they must be set up at the account or subaccount level.