cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firechef363

Roll Call Attendance Rubric

I am trying to set up the Roll Call Attendance feature in my course. I do not have students loaded yet (new course development) so I am not able to get the Roll Call assignment to populate.

My question is: Is it possible to assign a rubric to the roll call attendance assignment like other assignments?

My goal is to utilize the roll call feature to prompt me to complete the daily performance rubric I have developed.

Tags (1)
4 Replies
ericwerth
Coach Emeritus

Hi  @firechef363 .  I thought this was an interesting question so poked around Roll Call for a while and didn't find any way to associate a rubric with attendance.  Hopefully someone else knows of a way to accomplish this!

I have known of others who have taken attendance in a variety of ways either in addition or in place of Roll Call.  Examples could be a daily attendance quiz or a regular assignment with class dates and notes listed in a rubric as  @kona ‌ indicates in this post, https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/11038 .

I hope you find a good solution to what you are looking at accomplishing.  When you do, let us know what you found.  I am collecting ideas on attendance for when I work with our faculty!

kona
Coach Emeritus

It would be awesome if this was possible, but alas, I don’t believe it is. Overal attendanve is in need of some Canvas love and an overhaul to bring out its true potential and usefulness. 

jfike1

Thanks! They need to add it for sure!

Robbie_Grant
Coach Emeritus

@firechef363 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos