School Email not working even though its correct

Jump to solution
Kelly77
Community Member

I was receiving email notifications from Canvas before and then it randomly stopped and now it's saying that Canvas is unable to send me emails to my school email which hasn't changed at all, and I can't delete it I can only add an email. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Kelly77 ...

Within Canvas, please try clicking on the "Account" global navigation icon on the left-hand side of your screen.  Then, in the fly-out menu that appears, select "Settings".  On the right side of the screen that appears, under "Ways to Contact", what do you see next to your e-mail address?  By chance, do you have an icon that looks like a circle with an exclamation point next to it?  If so, then that may be the reason why you are having difficulties with this.  You'd want to reach out to your school's Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education team so that they could help you get this resolved.  I used to be a Canvas administrator at a Technical College, and I would occasionally see that icon appear next to e-mail addresses, and I would have to contact our Customer Success Team at Instructure (the folks that make Canvas) to help get that exclamation point removed.  I'm not sure if this is exactly the same case for you, but it was the first thought that I had as I read through your question.  I hope it may be of some help to you.

View solution in original post