Score filling in automatically on essay question on quiz

gfaurote
Community Member

I had something very strange happen while I was grading a quiz last night that has never happened.  I was wondering if there was a new setting or option for a question that I am not aware of.  ISSUE:  Grading the essay portion of a quiz that is mixed multiple choice and essay, I noticed something odd.  I would grade the first student's essay, and maybe one or two more, and then on the next student, it would enter the grade automatically for the essay question.  It would not adjust the score until I hit update. The next student might be blank again, and then the next student the score filled in.  It is very random as far as I can see. Then I went back to a student I had already graded, and it changed the score that I had put in to the grade I put in the current student.  I have been using Canvas for years, and I am even our Canvas Trainer for the corporation.  This is the oddest thing I have ever seen, and I have never seen this before this time.  Is there anyone that can shed some light on the situation?  I am hoping that it is a new setting that I can deselect since I am having to go back and regrade to make sure everything is right.  This is not an isolated quiz or class.  This is happening in two different classes on three different quizzes.

0 Likes