cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lauren_m_black
Community Member

Section Specific Modules

Jump to solution

Right now all of my sections can see all of the modules. Is there a way to develop a module that only one section can see? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @lauren_m_black ...

No, I don't believe you can do this.  According to this Guide, What is the hierarchical structure for Canvas accounts? , it has the following paragraph (I bolded the last sentence to emphasize it):

Sections are a group of students that have been organized for administrative purposes. When users are enrolled in a course, they are actually enrolled in one of the sections of that course. It is possible to place more than one section in course, but it is not possible to put sections within sections. All sections of a course share the same content.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Lauren.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @lauren_m_black ...

No, I don't believe you can do this.  According to this Guide, What is the hierarchical structure for Canvas accounts? , it has the following paragraph (I bolded the last sentence to emphasize it):

Sections are a group of students that have been organized for administrative purposes. When users are enrolled in a course, they are actually enrolled in one of the sections of that course. It is possible to place more than one section in course, but it is not possible to put sections within sections. All sections of a course share the same content.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Lauren.

View solution in original post

pascal_cortes
Community Member

Hello, I agree with you Smiley Happy Please, see this link and vote for our idea Smiley Wink

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10343-possibility-to-assign-a-module-to-a-section-bring-an-ass... 

Thank you, Pascal