cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glenn_phoenix
Community Participant

Sections visible within quiz?

Jump to solution

When creating question groups within a test (like Unit 1, Unit 2, Unit 3) is there a way to make it so that the actual test will show the separate sections of the test.  Right now I have a 100 question pretest broken into 8 sections but when he kids take the test there are no subheadings and when I want to go back and look at it I can't quickly see what section I am in.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@glenn_phoenix ​, the best way I can think of is to use a "text no question" question for your subheadings. This text will show up to students and to you and should help to differentiate between the different groupings of questions.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@glenn_phoenix ​, the best way I can think of is to use a "text no question" question for your subheadings. This text will show up to students and to you and should help to differentiate between the different groupings of questions.

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@glenn_phoenix ​,  @kona ​ has given you a great piece of advice. I would only add that if you decide to separate sections within the quiz by using Text/No Question, avoid using question groups to shuffle your questions, and don't deliver the questions one at a time. Either or both of those features when applied will damage the integrity of the question organization.

glenn_phoenix
Community Participant

I do have them set up as question groups.  So, are you saying the Text/No Question will not work then?

@glenn_phoenix ​, as long as your different subgoups are in different Assignment groups, then yes, you CAN use text no question questions.

Ex:

Text no question - Unit 1

Question group 1 for Unit 1

Text no question - Unit 2

Question group 2 for Unit 2

Text no question - Unit 3

Question group 3 for Unit 3

The only way this wouldn't work is if you only had one question group for all three units (so not separated). In this case if you tried to add a text no question then it would get randomized within your assignment group.

You can still use question groups,  @glenn_phoenix --just proceed with caution. In other words, make sure that each of your question groups is discrete, and don't place the Text/No Question in the question group. The structure of the quiz questions from your view might look something like this:

Text/No Question

[Question Group that draws 25 questions]

Text/No Question

[Question Group that draws 30 questions]

Text/No Question

[Question Group that draws 20 questions]

Text/No Question

[Question Group that draws 25 questions]

glenn_phoenix
Community Participant

That is exactly what I want to do.  Thank you all very much!