Sharing the submitted assignments

Jump to solution
norooya
Community Novice

Hi all,

1. Make the submitted assignment available for everyone

I would like to give all student access to view other students' submissions so they can learn from each other. Is there any setting that I can set for the students to see what others submit?

2. Set a shared Canvas page for three sections

We have three sections that teach the same class content. Currently, we have three instructors and we only have access to our own section students. We would like to have a shared page where we can make an announcement and upload class documents at once. 

Let me know how this can happen.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@norooya Welcome to the Canvas community!

1. The easiest way to accomplish this is to have the assignment as a graded discussion.  This way students post their submission as the response to a discussion and each student can see the other submissions. Since it a graded assignment you can still grade it.  Currently though, you will not be able to annotate on the submission if you use that for grading feedback.

2. For this to work, all the students need to be enrolled in a common course.  There are essentially two ways to do this.  One, would be for your Canvas admin to cross-list your three courses so they are essentially one big course.  This still retains the sections so you can still message/grade/assign to the individual sections if needed.  The second option is to create an alternative course that includes all the enrollments for the three courses.  My institution has done both methods and people each have their preference.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post