Speedgrader not loading file to mark in Canvas

Jump to solution
SamanthaJohnsto
Community Novice

Our school has upgraded and now when creating an assignment I need to use the three dots for the create assignment that goes through Turnitin I can only mark through Turnitin. The rubric I loaded into the assignment will display but when i open into Speedgrader the files do not load to mark. I can mark in in Turnitin but the rubric doesn't load in Turnitin. Is there a way to adjust that the file will load in Speedgrader. (apart from creating two separate assignments)? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
crafte
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @SamanthaJohnsto - the new Turnitin integration no longer copies student submissions to SpeedGrader. You will need to use Turnitin's grading option, GradeMark, to grade student work and add comments. If you would like to continue using SpeedGrader and you only need Turnitin's Originality report, check if your institution enabled Turnitin's Plagiarism Framework. If this feature is enabled, you will be able to create a Canvas assignment > set Submission Type to Online and check File Uploads. After you check File Uploads, you will notice a new setting: Plagiarism. It is set to None by default. Change the setting from None to Turnitin. You will be able to adjust Turnitin settings after you enable the Plagiarism setting. You will see the originality score in SpeedGrader and in the gradebook. Clicking on the colored flag will open the originality report.

View solution in original post