Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A few times now I have created a page and then am not able to see it in my list of pages when I want to add it to a module. Logging in/out, waiting 20 hours, publishing/unpublishing none of it seems to make a difference. I can see it in the list of p...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help! I am in instructor. Something changed with New Quizzes. I used to be able to provide the students with multiple attempts. Now that isn't an option. I also can't provide partial credit. I have an ordering question. There is no option to give the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I downloaded the Canvas Teacher App but I cannot see any of my courses... I see everything on the student App  Anyone had a similar issue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Scenario: - a teacher creates an assignment and adds a rubric - teacher clicks the pencil to edit the rubric and choose the "Use this rubric for assignment grading" box - teacher creates another assignment and wants to re-use the same rubric but when...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have created a page for each of my assignments. On that page I added links to an Assignment and a quiz. None of these assignments are showing in the Gradebook. I have already check the following:  The assignments, quizzes and page is published. The...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have followed the instructions for exporting  canvas shell files, but where is the exported file so I can DOWNLOAD it to my backup drive as a ZIP file and be able to use and edit the files therein?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One useful report that I cannot find in Canvas was the Quiz Item Analysis that Blackboard has, the Item analysis provides statistics on individual questions where instructor can take a quiz question and look at whether the wording of the question is ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I submitted a comment twice while trying to figure out the clunky process of adding a file, and I want to delete the duplicate comment. As so often the simplest tasks waste lots of time. Any help? Or is it best to just use email?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone! I have a team of teachers/observers and I am having problems to add one of them in the platform. When I put her mail to add person automatically show up in numbers and she is not able to log in because she cannot create a personal passwo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an Instructor i made some comments in Speedgradr and saved them. After vacation of a month I copy'n'pasted those saved comments into a new textbox on the particular student's assignment I was marking so I could amend/edit them. Stupidly I deleted ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can observers evaluate the instructor? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My class starts today (at 2:30) but several of my students showed up in Zoom at 12 noon. When I asked why, they said that's what the Calendar said. I went to the Calendar and, sure enough, it shows the Zoom classes starting at 12 noon.   All of my ot...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I put all my outcomes in order with a numbering system (i.e. 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, etc.)  However, when I see the learning mastery gradebook, the outcomes get out of order. I try to re-order them by manually dragging the columns, but when I refresh the page...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Any update on when classic quiz question banks will be able to migrate to new quizzes? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for students to receive a notification if I reassign something to them?  Just found out none of them knew that I had reassigned it and thought it just hadn't been graded.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all, I have an instructor that was trying to import the question bank from a text book publisher. We could not get them to import when he had new quiz active so we imported it into the old version of quiz. The bank imported just fine, the issue th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Currently, students cannot see their peer review feedback until I (as instructor) have posted their grade. Can you please separate peer review posting and instructor grading posting? I use peer reviews for drafting, so I do not give a grade before pe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im not receiving any announcements from my lecturer; only on one module. Ive tried resetting my notification settings, email address, along with the obvious checking the spam folder, etc. I get announcements from other modules, just this one- yes im ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to access specific Canvas assignments and activities submitted by students last academic year. The problem is that although the old Canvas course is still accessible, all student data has been removed. To be clear, I'm not looking for stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anybody know the reason why letter grades are calculated different when using grade override than if you just grade assignments? I think this behavior is very confusing for our teachers, and can couse some unintended results if the teacher is no...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

hi -  we're currently using google assignments along with Canvas for assignment submissions. I was wondering if there is a way to filter for sections on google assignments, as different GSIs grade different sections. we can filter for that on canvas ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Mrs. Lora, I don't know what to do in these section

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am currently using 2 McGraw-Hill accounts, one for my accounting course and one for my marketing course. I've noticed that Canvas does not let you use 2 accounts at once. Any ideas for a workaround? Thank You.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have Canvas at Univ. of Oklahoma.  For some reason, now will not load course modules, Biology 1124 Lecture, Biology 1124 Lab; McGraw-Hill text; tophat app. This started about an hour ago. Help.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I dropped a class, and I don't want to receive more assignments and attendance notifications. Also, I would like to delete that class from the Canvas class list. I couldn't find anywhere information about how to do that.  Thanks 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I would like to offer a Pop Quiz. However, when publishing a Quiz its existence and time and date of availability become visible to students. This eliminates the surprise and randomness of the quiz. It would be a nice addition to have the option ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi there! I set up groups to work in Collaborations and these groups appear on my desktop from home.  However, my students and I are unable to access these groups in Collaborations in the classroom. Any idea what might be happening? Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, Admins for the instructure websites. Could you make a darkmode for the springfield.public.schools GUI??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, is there a phone number I can call? I am one of the new Board Advisors for the UCSB Women in Leadership program and am taking the course. I seem to be stuck in Module 1. I have been listening to many, many hours of great videos but believe most a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Wonder if at all possible.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies