Speedgrader - sensitive highlighter

Jump to solution
tjudson9
Community Member

I have noticed in the past month that the highlighter in speedgrader has gotten super sensitive. I try and highlight a sentence to provide an annotation and the whole paragraph highlights. I have tried starting the highlight from the front and from the back of the section I would like to highlight. It has become frustrating to have to try multiple times to get the text highlighted the way I would like. I have tried different browser and had the same issue. (a few other faculty have mentioned a similar issue)

I have found a workaround to be that if I don't highlight the first character of the text or the last character of the text that it works much better. ex. The text reads like this. ... " The text reads like this" I have to purposely only highlight a section of the text. 

Any suggestions? 

1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions, @tjudson9 except to contact the Canvas help desk to report a bug. You have already mentioned the other options, like trying different browsers. Else see if you can change sensitivity settings on your input device (mouse or maybe a trackpad). That's not much of a solution, I'm afraid, but the Canvas help desk is best able to provide immediate help.

View solution in original post