Student group non-public webpage

Jump to solution
sgobesryan
Community Novice

I would like to have an assignment where students create a webpage as a group.  

I have framed the assignment as a company marketing page, where they could see the importance of professional presentation and of coordinating the work of an entire group to function as one consistent document.  

They would all need to be able to add content.  

I have large sections, 180ish students, usually in about 36 groups.  

Then I would like the groups to be able to share their work in class. We have used discussion boards but they get unwieldy if we want all students to see the work of others.  

1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @sgobesryan ‌, what a great activity.

As you are well aware when working in groups it's tricky to get a handle on who has done what, so assessing is a minefield. Assessing the process is more pedagogically sound than the finished product. But with so many students and groups this could get messy.

My suggestion is to use Collaborations What are Collaborations? for groups to manage their process and record who does what. Then use a tool like Padlet to showcase them all if you find that discussions is a bit unwieldy. 30 creative ways to use Padlet for teachers and students - BookWidgets 

I'm really keen to hear how you get on and how the process worked. Keep us posted.

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes