Student invitations for free teacher version

Jump to solution
Cfin
Community Novice

I have had issues inviting students to the course via email.  Sometimes its the email not going through to their inbox.  Even if they search for it, they still can't find it. I also had a student lose her access to her account and was not able to regain it with a help ticket.  Is there another way to invite students into the course without having to use email?  

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Cfin 

No, there is not really a way to invite students to a course in the "Free for Teacher" version without using their email address, which is also their login and the method they use to set and update their password.  In the "Free for Teachers" version, pretty much everything is tied to the email address.

My suspicion is that in most of the situations you describe, there is either a typo in the email address you are using, or the notification is going into their SPAM folder, or for some reason the student's email has bounced at some point and has been flagged as not working by Canvas (in which case Canvas will not attempt to send any more emails).  

The only real option that you or the student have is to contact Canvas Support to have them investigate and see if the email address is working and notifications are going out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes