Student time spent on ONE individual page

Jump to solution
scott40
Community Novice

The question is: IS there a way to see long a student spends ON AN INDIVIDUAL PAGE?

(For instance, I assigned 1 hour worth of lecture videos posted on one page - I can see that a student accessed that page but I can not find out if they were there long enough to view the lecture or only for 10 seconds)

I know how to find the access report and TOTAL times but I'm wondering about time spent on specific pages.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
ToyiVaughan
Community Novice

In the Gradebook, click on the student's name from the far left column, then click on their name from the screen that pops up from the right of the screen. You should see "Access Report" on the far right and top of the screen, click on that. This Access Report shows the date and time the student was on each page. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @scott40 ...

The direction you received from @ToyiVaughan is a good one.  Just keep in mind, though, that a student can navigate to a page in your course, leave his/her computer to do something else, and then come back to the computer...all the while, Canvas is logging that time that the page was "visible" on the screen.  So, in that way, the time logged on an individual page can be skewed.  So, keep that in mind as you are working your way through this data.  Hope this will help a bit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes