Student viewing of rubric

Jump to solution
staplewb
Community Novice

I would like to use a rubric to grade submitted writing assignments but I do not want students to be able to see the rubric until after it is graded. Is there a way to hide the rubric until I have used it for grading?

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Instructors leverage rubrics differently, but I see rubrics as great tools for students to use during the learning process. I prefer to have my rubric visible from the point I publish the assignment.

If you'd like to keep the rubric from your students, there is not a way to hide a rubric from the student view. The closest you can get is to add your rubric to your assignment just before you start grading students' submissions. While the students can see the rubric while you grade, it's not until after the submissions are in.

Another option is to create a PDF rubric and annotate a unique copy for each student. You could attach that rubric in a comment in SpeedGrader. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12746-415255023 It's a bit of extra work, but it would keep the rubric and its contents hidden until grades are posted.

View solution in original post