cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnoack
Community Champion

Students can access module pages from the Syllabus Course Summary list early

Hi all, 

I have set module release dates for all my modules. I just noticed that students are accessing pages and activities within modules that have not opened. The only way I have been able to duplicate this is by clicking from the Course Summary list on the syllabus page. I tested this from the student view and it is allowing me to view pages in modules that have not yet become available.  This is just in one of my courses, not all.  

Any ideas as to why? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @gnoack ...

I'm not sure I can answer the "why" question.  But, are you opposed to *not* having the Course Summary list show on your Syllabus page?  If you'd be okay with that, you could disable the Course Summary from any or all of your courses where you have configured Module release dates.  When you are editing your course Syllabus, there is a check-box for "Show Course Summary"...as indicated in the "Manage Course Summary" portion of this Guide: How do I edit the Syllabus in a course? - Canvas Community.  Anyway...just a thought for ya...  take care!

gnoack
Community Champion

HI @chofer 

I did hid the course summary list for now, but I'd really like to turn it back on.  Students seem to use it.

Hopefully someone will have an answer.