Submitting multiple documents for one assignment

Jump to solution
PhoebeMilliken
Community Member

Hi. I need students to be able to submit two separate documents for an assignment.  They may be different file types.  I see older questions about this indicate that as long as "unlimited submissions" is checked students can do so BUT they can only see the last submission and can only see instructor comments on the last submission.  Has this changed? I need students to be able to see both of their submissions and comments on both submissions. Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Hi @PhoebeMilliken --

On this Canvas Student Guide (How do I submit an online assignment), under "Select Submission Type" is an image that shows where students who on on the File Upload tab can click to "+Add Another File."   This is not related to a number of submission attempts (that's to allow them to submit again) -- and all files can be seen in one submission.   You will be able to see the files in Speedgrader.

You'll want to make sure you have selected File Upload as your Submission Type for your Assignment.

I've marked up the image and uploaded here for you to see.

Canvas Assignment Submission - Add Another FileCanvas Assignment Submission - Add Another File

I hope this helps answer your question!

View solution in original post