Subscript use in matching question?

Jump to solution
TreyLeech
Community Member

Subscript use in matching question?

I'm unable to use subscript in a matching question. I see a previous post from 2018 indicating it's not available at that time; has it been updated and available now? 

Here's what's needed. Pic 1 is from D2L (where subscript works) and then with current attempt (not working) with Canvas.D2L screenshot.pngCanvas scrfeenhsot.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@TreyLeech -

It is not possible at this time.  In the question area you have access to the RCE which has the options for subscript and superscript(which is what you wanted to mention in your post - not subscript).  For the matching areas, all you can do is type in text.  I tried copying from the question area to the matching area with no luck(as I assumed would be the case).

As a side note - the multiple answer responses do have an RCE come up to type in the responses there.  It makes no sense that the capability is not present with matching.  

here is the idea conversation for what you want.  go and rate it and with any luck Instructure will actually implement it.  

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/New-Quizzes-Rich-Content-Editor-RCE-for-Matchi...

It seems strange to me that the RCE would be in some areas where you have to type in question information and not available for others. 

View solution in original post