Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
distance_ed1
Community Member

Suddenly No To-Do List Item for Student Resubmissions?

Before I raise the alarm with Canvas, do any of y'all know of/have experience with instructors suddenly not getting notified of a student resubmission? One of our instructors has recently discovered that she no longer gets To-Do list notifications about student resubmissions, and though I suggested setting her notifications to send her an email about submissions/submission comments, the issue remains.

I know quite a few of our students have had To-Do list issues lately, so I imagine this might be an extension of that problem, but I figured I'd check and see just in case it's a simple solution since y'all tend to be much faster than the ticketing system!

5 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @distance_ed1 ,

That is a head scratching conundrum. We haven't had any reports of this at our institution. In the time since you logged this, have you found the issue resolved, or still ongoing? Also did you have a chance to log this with Canvas Support to see their thoughts?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Stuart

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Danielle - This is interesting! Since November, have you missed notifications for resubmissions? Did you contact Canvas Support? Have things worked out?? It would be great to hear from you! Smiley Happy

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @distance_ed1 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on November 16, 2018.  It looks like you received a couple responses from  @stuart_ryan  and  @KristinL  with some questions from them.  Have you had an opportunity to review their postings?  I, too, would be interested in hearing from you with answers to those questions.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Danielle.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

I am not receiving notifications on re-submissions..... and I am not sure whether the student has to make a comment as well, but over the past few days I am not getting anything back in my To-Do list on it. Students are fixing and I am seeing nothing of it. Help!

I've had the same issue for years now: no to-do list notifications with students' resubmitted assignments. This has been frustrating, to say the least, especially since I'm teaching five classes every semester. The only workaround I've found is to have students message me in Canvas and let me know they've made a resubmission. Otherwise, if they don't, I won't know to grade it, that is unless I go into each assignment for each student's submission, and this is not something I have time to do.