Syllabus Issue

Jump to solution
jadams19
Community Novice

How do I remove a broken link (that is unreachable) that inadvertently got attached to my fall syllabus? 

Thank you,

James Adams

Professor Nutrition and Food Sciences

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@jadams19 ,

Is your syllabus a document (Word, PDF, etc) or is it content entered directly into Canvas?

If it is a document, you will need to edit and save the original document and then upload it to Canvas. See this lesson from the Canvas Instructor Guide for more information on uploading a file: How do I upload a file to a course?  Be sure to keep the filename the same and then replace the duplicate file.

If your content was entered directly into Canvas on the syllabus page, then click on Syllabus and click the Edit button. This lesson from the Canvas Instructor Guide explains more: How do I edit the Syllabus in a course?  When you get to the bad link, click the Link button from the toolbar and change the URL: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26529-how-do-i-create-a-hyperlink-in-the-rich-content-edito... 

If someone else created your course and you don't have permissions to make changes, then you will need to contact the people responsible for that. This can happen at some institutions with instructional designers. At other institutions, the instructors design and teach the course.

View solution in original post

0 Likes