Syncing grades with Skyward

Jump to solution
MathewNoggle
Community Novice

I'm curious how as a teacher I deal with changes in grading periods.  Once a grading period is passed, how can I get my assignments from that closed grading period to stop showing up in the Grade Passback operation?  Can I group my assignments by quarter (or even module) and choose which modules are opened or closed at any given time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
tbirbeck
Community Participant

Hi!  We also use Skyward passback.  As I understand your question, you can manually turn off the sync from the assignments page  (See attached image) and they will no longer be included in the sync. There will be some other issues related to those assignments, though.  While closing modules will restrict student access to the materials, it will not stop the items from calculating in with your ongoing grade in Canvas.  This can cause some confusion.   For us, the best answer was to split yearlong classes into 2 semester-long classes in Skyward, which created 2 courses in Canvas that contained only one grading period.  You may not have influence or control over this option.  

The next-best thing, if you don't need the student submissions anymore, might be to create another course, copy the past assignments into the manually created course, then remove them from the Skyward-syncing course. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes