TAs access only specific students in a course?

Jump to solution
MeganEngland
Community Member

I'm designing a course that will be offered across multiple schools, to one or two students at each of these schools. In the past, I have designed a separate section for each school, but a key part of this course is letting students from different schools communicate with each other. There will be a Teacher or TA at each school to do the grading for their students. One school has expressed some FERPA concerns and want to be able to only access their students to grade, and not let other schools access their student's grades. Is it possible to assign a TA only to specific students?

0 Likes
1 Solution
KelliSorensen
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @MeganEngland 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. If you set up the course so that each school has their own section, then you can limit specific users in a section to only see other users enrolled in the same section. The steps on how to do this can be found in this Canvas Guide:

How do I limit a user to only interact with other users in the same course section?

Since this setting can be enabled on an individual level, you can set the TAs/Teachers to only interact with their own section, but allow students to view students in any course section.

View solution in original post

0 Likes