Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsnyder

Transfer Exams From ecollege

Jump to solution

Our campus is switching to Canvas from Pearson ecollege.  I have multiple exams in ecollege created under individual weeks that I would like to transfer to Canvas, but I am unsure how to do this.  Please help!

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello rsnyder‌...

As a former admin for our Technical College's eCollege instance, I may be able to help you out here.  I think the easiest way to do what you are asking is, as  @scottdennis ‌ has suggested, to use the Respondus 4.0: Exam Authoring Tool.  This is a paid product, so you'd have to check with the people at Respondus to get pricing.  Once you have Respondus, you would configure it first for the Pearson eCollege "personality".

eCollege Personality in Respondus

Then, you would click on the "Retrieval" tab to connect Respondus to a course in your eCollege environment.  The Respondus software connects to your course to download the questions from eCollege into the Respondus software.  After that has been taken care of, you would then switch to the Canvas "personality".

Canvas Personality in Respondus

Notice that the "Retrieval" tab is now gone.  Since the questions/data you just downloaded from eCollege is still open, you would use the Canvas "personality" to connect to a Canvas course and then upload the questions into Canvas via Respondus.

In a nutshell, that's the basic steps.  There is a bit of information you'd have to configure in Respondus for both eCollege and Canvas, but once you have that all set, you'd be ready to download the quizzes and then immediately upload them into your Canvas courses.

I hope this helps, Regina!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Regina,

I wanted to let you know that you might find this chart in the Migration Strategies group useful.  I believe that many people have used Respondus to migrate content from ecollege to Canvas.  I thought you might also be in interested in this conference presentation regarding ecollege migration.

I'll share your question in the Migration Strategies group.  Hopefully someone with more direct experience will happen upon it there.

Thank you!!!

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello rsnyder‌...

As a former admin for our Technical College's eCollege instance, I may be able to help you out here.  I think the easiest way to do what you are asking is, as  @scottdennis ‌ has suggested, to use the Respondus 4.0: Exam Authoring Tool.  This is a paid product, so you'd have to check with the people at Respondus to get pricing.  Once you have Respondus, you would configure it first for the Pearson eCollege "personality".

eCollege Personality in Respondus

Then, you would click on the "Retrieval" tab to connect Respondus to a course in your eCollege environment.  The Respondus software connects to your course to download the questions from eCollege into the Respondus software.  After that has been taken care of, you would then switch to the Canvas "personality".

Canvas Personality in Respondus

Notice that the "Retrieval" tab is now gone.  Since the questions/data you just downloaded from eCollege is still open, you would use the Canvas "personality" to connect to a Canvas course and then upload the questions into Canvas via Respondus.

In a nutshell, that's the basic steps.  There is a bit of information you'd have to configure in Respondus for both eCollege and Canvas, but once you have that all set, you'd be ready to download the quizzes and then immediately upload them into your Canvas courses.

I hope this helps, Regina!

Thank you so much!