Turnitin Integration change

Jump to solution
RGarner21
Community Member

Hi Team, 

We are changing our Turnitin integration from using the LTI integration in CANVAS to using the CANVAS plagiarism framework. Has anyone recently made this transition? How did you access old assignment submissions? I am not able to download and archive as an admin? Do blueprint courses copy old integration assignments? 

Looking forward to hearing about anyone's wisdom and experience here!

Bless,

Rowan

0 Likes
2 Solutions
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @RGarner21,

While I have not made the transition myself, you should be able to get most of that information from the developer of the tool. Since the TII integration takes submissions to Canvas and sends them to TII for screening and then sends them back, you should be able to just view past submissions in Canvas as normal.

I recommend reaching out to TII support to see what information is available to be downloaded as I believe they keep records of everything submitted via your integration. You can check out their support site here.

To answer your question about blueprint syncs; Assignments are going to sync, though you will need to update the assignments with the new integration in your blueprint course. Changing the integration won't stop assignments from syncing, but it will likely cause those assignments to not function properly until they are updated in the associated courses.

View solution in original post

Hi Rowan,

It’s Maryna, Community Manager from Turnitin. If you have any specific questions and want to learn more about similar transitions, I highly recommend that you contact the Turnitin Support Team to get all the answers to your questions. They will investigate your particular case and will gladly consult you.

You may either send your questions here or email us at tiisupport@turnitin.com 

View solution in original post