cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcarolan
Community Member

Two different canvas courses

I teach two different courses. When I have both open,  is there a way to change the color scheme of one? Kind of like how you could change the theme color on outlook mail? I need a way to differentiate  between the two; visual color change that is easily detectable would be great.  I created a physics module in my earth and space course.  😑

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @lcarolan ...

The color scheme that you see within Canvas (on the left side global navigation) and the colors of the text within Canvas are all controlled in a "Theme" that can be configured at a Canvas administrative level.  This means that the theme is applied throughout your school's entire Canvas environment...and it cannot be changed at a course level.  Some schools also have a sub-account structure set up to separate out different programs or campuses, for example.  Canvas administrators at your school can theme those sub-accounts with different colors, too.  But, overall, instructors are not able to change the color schemes...as the themes are generally set with school colors and logos.

I know this might not be the answer you were hoping for, but I hope it helps to answer your question.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.