Unpublish modules in previous courses

Jump to solution
dvando
Community Member

I have previous courses not used but need to maintain the submitted quizzes in the courses.  If I unpublish the modules will this still maintain the quizzes within that course.   My dashboard only accommodates 20 shells.  How do I remove the unused courses from my dashboard?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dvando ...

It sounds like you are an instructor because you indicated you had a question about unpublishing modules.  As long as you are still enrolled in those previous courses, you shouldn't need to unpublish the modules.  You should still have access to the quizzes.  Sometimes courses are "concluded" by your school, and the course is then put in a "read-only" state.  You can read more about this at: How do I conclude a course at the end of a term as... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  You might want to have a conversation with your school's Canvas administrator about this, though.

Another option for you would be to request a "sandbox" course in your Canvas environment.  (Talk to your school's Canvas admin about this.)  You could import (copy) those quizzes from your previous course(s) and put them into your "sandbox" course so that you always have access to them.

Finally you asked about the number of courses on your Dashboard.  Here is how you can customize the course list and "favorite" the ones you want to see on your Dashboard:

How do I customize my Courses list as an instructor?

I hope this information will help!  Let us know in the Community if you have any other questions...thanks!

View solution in original post