Unsubmitting a quiz

Jump to solution
josmith1
Community Novice

Using a Quiz in Canvas, can students who previously submitted (especially essay questions) "unsubmit" and continue working on the questions?  I have allowed them to see their previous answers, but I would like them to be able to continue working, or edit existing answers, on essay questions rather than starting completely from scratch.  Is there a way to do this?

3 Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@josmith1 ,

Unfortunately, no.  Once a quiz has been submitted in canvas, it cannot be re-opened for editing or continuation.  You will need to give the students another attempt, but this would be an attempt at the whole quiz.

Robbie

View solution in original post

Is the option to unsubmit a quiz being considered?  I use the quiz feature for more than just "quizzes" ,and would like students to be able to correct their responses without having to do the entire assignment again.  Correcting mistakes on practice work (physics, physical science) is an incredible strategy for learning.

0 Likes

As of today, "unsubmit a submission" and "delete a submission" are still not available to instructors. I think it would be very useful and really nice to have the "unsubmit" / "delete" feature in Canvas for instructors. But It seems the Canvas development / management team is not interested in supporting "unsubmit" or "delete" for instructors.

0 Likes