Uploading a Respondus test (.rsp file) to Canvas

Jump to solution
HayleyBRADY
Community Member

I have a bank of assessments I have previously used in Blackboard which were created using the program, Respondus. These tests are saved as a .rsp file. 

I need to know the following:

Can I upload .rsp files to Canvas? And if so- how do I do that? (Is there a step by step guide I can follow?)

Will they work the same way as they did in Blackboard?

Thank you so much for your help! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @HayleyBRADY ...

I could be wrong on this, but as far as I know, the *.rsp file extension can be used with the Respondus 4.0 Exam Authoring Tool software that your school can purchase.  You would open up this file in the software, and then you can connect it to your Canvas course to upload the questions in a batch upload process...meaning that all questions in that file will be uploaded all at once.

Respondus 4.0 - Respondus

I used this software all the time in my previous role as a Canvas administrator, and it worked really well.

To answer your question directly, I am not aware that Canvas would accept a *.rsp file to upload directly into a course.  But, the Respondus software should help with this.

I hope this helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes