Uploading information to grade centre which provides a breakdown of marks (i.e. adding columns which are not formally linked to an assignment).

Nick_Riches1
Community Explorer

In the past, with a different VLE, I uploaded a breakdown of marks for students. This was for quantitatively-marked exams, and provided them with an overview on how they'd scored for different sections. So there would be six or so columns, each providing the students' score for a specific section of the exam. I needed to do a fair bit of data processing for this to work, but it's very nice to give the students this kind of individualised feedback after a summative assignment. However, with Canvas, it seems that the information in the Grace centre must be linked specifically to an assignment set up in Canvas, that only total scores can be entered, and that it is not possible to upload this kind of individualised data. This is a shame (though I can see that data could become messy if not linked to assignments set up within Canvas). Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes