The ability to create a new community profile is temporarily unavailable. We're on it!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flavioavinas
Community Member

Usar Hojas de Calculo en Colaboraciones

Jump to solution

Estimados;

Como hago para agregar una Colaboración de una hoja de calculo de Google Drive? Siempre que intento agregar un archivo me genera un documento tipo word.

Saludos.

Flavio

Translation from Google Translate:

How do I add a Collaboration from a Google Drive spreadsheet? Whenever I try to add a file, it generates a word document.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
orwinr
Community Champion

Hi  @flavioavinas and welcome to the Canvas Community!

If you are tying to use the Collaborations feature I don't believe that Google sheets is supported in this particular part of Canvas. Only Google docs is supported here. Now you can create an assignment that will copy a Google sheet for each student using the instructions listed on this guide page: How do I create a cloud assignment with a Google Drive file? This is assuming your institution has turned this feature on.

If you are looking to collaborate on the same sheet you could also share the sheet to the class members in Google and then just copy the url into an assignment or a page in Canvas. Another option coming soon for higher ed is Course Kit | Google for Education 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
orwinr
Community Champion

Hi  @flavioavinas and welcome to the Canvas Community!

If you are tying to use the Collaborations feature I don't believe that Google sheets is supported in this particular part of Canvas. Only Google docs is supported here. Now you can create an assignment that will copy a Google sheet for each student using the instructions listed on this guide page: How do I create a cloud assignment with a Google Drive file? This is assuming your institution has turned this feature on.

If you are looking to collaborate on the same sheet you could also share the sheet to the class members in Google and then just copy the url into an assignment or a page in Canvas. Another option coming soon for higher ed is Course Kit | Google for Education 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post