Use old rubric for grading

Jump to solution
AshleyLima
Community Novice

I am aware of how to add a previously used rubric to a new assignment. But when I do so, it does not allow me to use the rubric for grading. For example, my students have a weekly reflection assignment. The rubric for the reflection remains the same, but when i add it to the next iteration of the weekly assignment, it does not allow me to change the grading options (i.e., "ill write in comments", "use this rubric for grading"). Any way around this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @AshleyLima ...

When you try to add the same rubric to a second assignment in your course (so that you want to use the same rubric to two separate assignments), are you getting a message that states:

"You can't edit this rubric, either because you don't have permission or it's being used in more than one place. Any changes you make will result in a new rubric based on the old rubric. Continue anyway?"

If so, you can click on "OK" which will bring you into the editing mode for the rubric.  You can then select any of the check-boxes including the free-form comments and use the rubric for assignment grading.

Keep in mind that if you use a rubric for more than one assignment, it will not let you edit the rubric via the "Rubrics" screen until un-attach all but one of the rubrics that you are re-using on all those assignments.

I hope this will help a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes