View Log in the "Classic Quiz" section

Jump to solution
Kljenkins1
Community Member
When you see something like this on a students test view log..... does this mean that a student went off the "test page" for any reason or is this a computer glitch ? I am new to Canvas but I am not blind
  1. 00:58
    Stopped viewing the Canvas quiz-taking page...
  2. 00:59
    Resumed.
  3. 01:42
    Viewed (and possibly read) question
  4. 02:30
  5. 02:30
    Resumed.
  6. 02:34
    Answered question:
  7. 02:52
    Viewed (and possibly read) question
  8. 03:08
  9. 03:14
    Answered question:
  10. 03:17
    Resumed.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @Kljenkins1 ...

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to review this Guide, but there's a section in it about half-way down called "View Action Log Statuses", and it gives a description for those items that you've bolded in your question:

How do I view a quiz log for a student? - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

• Stopped viewing the Canvas quiz-taking page [3] displays when a student navigates away from the quiz (closes the browser tab, opens a new browser tab, or navigates to a different program).
  • Resumed [4] displays when the student has returned to the quiz.

I hope this will help to clarify things for you.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

@liliacordova ...

There are third-party products such as the Repondus Lockdown Browser that prevent situations like you've described.  The Respondus Lockdown Browser is a paid add-on product, so you'd have to talk with your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education team to see if they have anything like this already...or if purchasing would be a possibility.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post