cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cquinn7
Community Member

View old classes and assignments?

Jump to solution

How do I go into a class from last semester and view assignments? I did it once already a few weeks ago but since then the option seems to have disappeared. It is handy and useful being able to go back and reference past assignments and would like to do so again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cquinn7 ​...

It sounds like your course may have been set to a "concluded" state in your school's Canvas instance.  Here is a Canvas Guide I found for you that helps explain what this means: How do I conclude a course at the end of a term?  The other possibility is that your course has an end date that has already passed.  If you are an instructor (I wasn't sure if you were an instructor or a student based on your posting), here is a Canvas Guide for that: How do I change the start and end dates for my course?

Please let me know if you still have questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @cquinn7 ​...

It sounds like your course may have been set to a "concluded" state in your school's Canvas instance.  Here is a Canvas Guide I found for you that helps explain what this means: How do I conclude a course at the end of a term?  The other possibility is that your course has an end date that has already passed.  If you are an instructor (I wasn't sure if you were an instructor or a student based on your posting), here is a Canvas Guide for that: How do I change the start and end dates for my course?

Please let me know if you still have questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

To add to what Chris said, if you are a student and this option went away then it was probably done by your Instructor or your Institution - sometimes the decision is made to hide previous courses from students. In a case like this your best bet is to contact the Instructor of the course and/or Canvas Support at your Institution to see if they can help.

If you are an Instructor and can't change your course start/end dates (I know our faculty don't have this option), then you'd need to contact the Canvas admins at your Institution about the issue.

Hope this helps!