Viewing Assignments After Uploading Them To Dropbox?

Jump to solution
RachelNegovan
Community Novice

Student here. Is there any way I can view my assignment documents uploaded to the dropbox before I submit them? I used to always do this in Blackboard and it made me feel better being able to double-check that I had uploaded the correct document by being able to download and open it. I can't seem to be able to do this with Canvas.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @RachelNegovan ...

Just so we are on the same page...Canvas does not use the terminology "Dropbox" when submitting assignments.  All you are doing is submitting something to your instructor via a specific assignment in the course.  The word "Dropbox" is also associated with the cloud storage website Dropbox.com ... which is completely different than anything in Canvas.

If you are using the file upload option to submit your assignment to your instructor, it should display the file name that you attach to the assignment so that you know it's included as part of your assignment submission.  Directions on how to submit a file attachment are located at:

How do I upload a file as an assignment submission in Canvas?

Or, if you are using the newer Assignment Enhancements interface, you might need to use this Guide instead:

How do I upload a file as an assignment submission for a course using Assignment Enhancements?

If you are concerned about selecting the correct file from your computer for your assignment, one thing you could do is to move your file on your computer into an empty folder.  Then, when it comes time to submit your file to the assignment, navigate to the new folder you created that contains your file.  You should have confidence that the file you selected will be the file that your instructor will review and grade.

I hope this will help a little.  Let us know here in the Community if you have any other questions or concerns.  Thanks!

View solution in original post