Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi All, I am just starting working with CanvasAPI. Using Pyhtnon and editor PyCharm CE. I am not a developer by any means by I am trying. I have this code which works. ( I have remove token and url). I can make a connection and my token works. # Impo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am testing live events and I am successfully receiving events for attachment_created and attachment_deleted. The attachment_updated event is also working when file name or content is updated. However, attachment_updated is not being fired when ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I login to the parent account, observer? I want to change notification settings and I have no idea how to do this.  My daughter sign's in to the district's site, and it is under her, not me.  I want to do this online via a computer and do not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently some of the Word Docs my students are uploading are not displaying correctly in Speedgrader (when I download them they are fine). For example, a grey part of the background is shown as being black in speedgrader, resulting in the text not b...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I receive a copy of what she was reading in the video for the Internship Evaluation?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to invite both my 3rd Grade and 4th Grade students for a BigBlueButton conference?  I am combining my live sessions for those grade levels and need to be able to have them all meet together for Science and Social Studies.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a 49 question assessment. When I preview it, you can see all 49 items. However when I go to the edit tab (because I wanted to cut it down to about 30 items), it only shows 45 items. Can someone please explain this??? The item numbers also d...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am writing my dissertation and want to use images of my own Canvas course.  For example, when I talk about submission type, I took a screen shot of that part of my assignment.  How do I attribute the image? Am I allowed to use such images?  Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up two accounts for my children to join some online courses. Somehow (probably during set-up), the accounts have become linked and both courses show on one child's profile instead of one each, and if i try to login to the other child's account ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have gone into the correct screens, added my phone number and then click on authentication. A window comes up to tell me that I should get a code to put in the box.  I never get a code. I do click on the resend, several times and still no code. Is ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been editing my Canvas course for this new year. This entails editing Google slideshows, as well, to update them. I have come to find out that when I edit my Google Drive version of the slideshow directly, the changes do not update on my new C...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I composed an email with a file attached and sent it to myself (teacher). I did this to test out canvas' email system. The issue is that the email does not show up on canvas inbox, nor on the primary email linked to my account. The only place it show...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to post a comment (feedback) on a students most recentl submission via the REST api?   The Grade or comment on a submission PUT api only adds the comment[text_comment] to the original attempt, not the latest. I don't see a parameter to...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to create masterypath through canvas api?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My classes are super similar, in topic and in look. Does anyone know how to customize ANYTHING in canvas so I can tell my classes apart? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i cant find the link or code or create an account. i have class on monday. my teacher only gave me simple instructions and no help  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A coworker of mine created a course and added me as a Designer.  We have also added other users to the course as Teachers, but would like to change some of their roles to also be Designers.  I do not see the option to change the role of any people in...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I am looking for help in regards to the canvas api. I am struggling to work how to save the quiz after I have updated the questions from the api. This is currently needing to be done manually which is very problematic, below is a link to a screen...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I import course content from a previous course, the assignments come with and a column is automatically generated in the gradebook. Sometimes I will use those assignments, sometimes not. Is there a way to delete the columns in the gradebook unti...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to clean up my folders at the instructor or account level. I have duplicates that need to be deleted. When I click files by my name to access the folders. This is where I would like to delete items. I have included a screenshot for clarif...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am interested in adoption rates for  various LTIs used in our Canvas system. Is there any way to collect data on how often each LTI is used and what courses are using it? We tend to renew subscriptions each year without any real data on whether it’...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am interested in adoption rates for  various LTIs used in our Canvas system. Is there any way to collect data on how often each LTI is used and what courses are using it? We tend to renew subscriptions each year without any real data on whether it’...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to Start a Report (Provisioning) as per the Canvas documentation.   When I run the following command from Windows to our Canvas instance: curl -X POST https://birdville.test.instructure.com/api/v1/accounts/1/reports/provisioning_csv -...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey All,  I am pretty familiar with Canvas and syncing grades, but could not for the life of me figure out my issue here. I am syncing my grades with Skyward and got the following error message... My assignments are set in the correct group given th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student attempting to submit an assignment through the Canvas Student app on their iOS phone.  They take a picture of their document, but when they Click on Submit in the top right they get an error message saying "Failed upload" and a pop u...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I was teaching in a school with Canvas and I moved to a school where they use Classrooms. Is there any change I can migrate all my Canvas material to a new Canvas personal account to be used to teach in the new school? Thank you Andrea

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This morning, the annotations that students had been working on all week with the annotation tool were gone. Has this happened to anyone else?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What's are good plan ideas for organizing and encouraging participation in a Large Zoom Debate setting?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies