What happens with multiple submissions of grades to Canvas from TestOut

Jump to solution
joed_graf
Community Member

Question  on multiple transmissions of grade from external soruce#

I am in the process of linking the free version of Canvas with TestOut. The individual links will go to a specific TestOut simulation lab and once the student has completed the lab, upon their exiting will send their grade to the Canvas gradebook. My question is what if the student clicks the link again, redoes the lab and receives a second grade. Does Canvas change the grade returned in the gradebook, or does it notify me of the second attempt and asks me what I want to do with the 2nd attempt or does it leave the original grade in the Canvas gradebook? Thanks for your assistance

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Joed,

I don't have any direct experience with this exact case but my guess is that after a 2nd attempt if the TestOut sends a grade again it will override the original grade in Canvas.  The Canvas gradebook does have a history so you would be able to go in and see that grade change.  But with assignments linked to external sources I don't believe Canvas has any way to specify which grade to take if there are multiple that come through during the time period it's open.

Rick

View solution in original post