What is "Missing" in gradebook?

Jump to solution
dmeyers9
Community Novice

Many of my students are seeing "Missing" in grades for assignments that I've graded and given them points for.  None reported this in previous courses.  Why are they seeing "Missing"?

2 Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@dmeyers9 

Welcome to the Canvas Community!!!

Information here Removing Missing and Late Labels may help you remove these labels if you like.  The Missing status indicates an online assignment that has not been submitted and is past the due date.

Robbie

View solution in original post

mlion
Community Explorer

I clicked the link to the alleged solution and got the message it was no longer available.  Adding the feature of being able to change the labels easily would certainly cut down on the panicked emails from students and parents, and the ensuing anxiety the emails cause teachers.  My district is new to Canvas, and switching to using Canvas as an LMS has required us to spend a lot of time redesigning lessons and materials to work within it.  Between planning, re-planning, adapting new materials, learning new apps we need to use repurpose the materials, and--oh yeah--teaching, we have no time to grade!  Making this one simple change or providing a fix would make life so much easier for everyone involved in entering and reading grades. All due respect, but whoever is developing and refining Canvas needs to consider how teachers actually use the app in their work.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes