When I am bulk updating dates, where do I put the NEW date?

Jump to solution
JOSEPHVOKT
Community Member

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

@JOSEPHVOKT ...

Thanks for the reply.  Just to be clear, I am not an Instructure (Canvas) employee, and I do not maintain the written/video documentation that is available to all Canvas users here in the Canvas Community website.  I am a fellow Canvas user like yourself.

After reading your latest reply, I guess I am not exactly clear on what your ask is.  Are you wanting to provide a new date in just once place and tell Canvas to use that date for all your assignments?  I think maybe an example from your course might be helpful so that we could troubleshoot this further.  Maybe include a screenshot, too.

Also, I am not sure if you have seen this, but @James Jones has developed what are called "Canvancements" (Canvas Enhancements).  One of those is a way to bulk update assignment due dates via a Google Doc spreadsheet.  He developed this prior to Canvas releasing their own assignment bulk update tool, so the directions will be different.  You can find his write-up and short video tutorials on this specific Canvancement here: Adjust All Assignment Dates on One Page - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).

Finally, if you feel that any of the information presented in the Guides here in the Community could use some clarification, you can certainly submit those suggestions to the Canvas Documentation Team, and they would review any of your feedback to take into consideration.  For example, in the linked Guide that I shared with you in my initial reply, at the bottom of the page you'll find a blue button to "Leave Feedback".  Fill out the form after clicking on this button, and your message will get sent to the Documentation Team for their review.

I hope this will help a bit.  Looking forward to hearing back from you.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JOSEPHVOKT
Community Member
Author
The math teacher's work, though admirable is still an add on to Canvas itself. Due to the complexity of the implementation
it appears nobody has even responded to this work in years. As he stated this was more a challenge for him than something that would benefit many people. Having said that my request is very simple. Just "enter a new due date for all assignments." You don't need any examples for this.
Da'Shira (an instructure employee) has already confirmed that this currently cannot be done in Canvas. Maybe if enough people ask they will get it right. [The math teachers's work-- though elegant it is-- would literally take hours of time] Canvas just needs to add this to their interface. Who KNOWS why they haven't it just seem so obvious. I am going to post this as a solution because there is nothing more I can (or want) to add at this point. Please forward my suggestions if you wish.

View solution in original post

0 Likes