Where do I find revisions or previous versions of a course content page?

Jump to solution
delisa_lewis
Community Novice

I am an instructor in the process of updating course content modules, and appear to have lost an entire page of a course Module. The Revision History I can find by clicking that icon shows a blank page and the unpublished version of the page is also blank. I have also checked the Pages tab and what is shown there is a blank.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @delisa_lewis  Thank You for posting your question.  Based on the information you have provided, I am assuming that you have tried to look at the page history by following this Guide: How do I view the history of a page in a course?.  As you can see from this Guide, it should show a page's entire history from it's "birth" to the most recent update ... as long as the page was first created in that course.

The other places you *might* be able to check would be either your school's "beta" or "test" environments.  But, depending on which environment you log into, you might not be able to get much info out of there, either.  Those environments are refreshed according to a set schedule.  See How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor?‌ and How do I access the Canvas test environment as an instructor? for more information.

Finally, you could maybe try reaching out to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk staff.  I'm not sure if they'd be able to look at past page history, but it might be worth asking.  Check out How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?‌ for more information.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, DeLisa.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes