Why can a Page not have an end-time? Why can't a Booking be added to Modules?

Jump to solution
EmilHolmsten
Community Member
Is there another way to create a lecture that I don't know about? It seems like there is no way to create a lecture or similar event that can: * Contain any information * Have a start and end time in the Calendar * Be added to a module in Modules Am I missing something here?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@EmilHolmsten -

I am not sure I completely follow what you are asking, but I believe it is 3 parts that are interconnected.

You want to create a lecture material page, file or some other entity of lecture material.  You want that information to be available for a certain period of time and for it to be posted in a module.

The module part is easy - you can put the information into the module, but there is not a way that I know of to make a module time limited.

The lecture material as you know can be put on a page and the page can be put into a module.  However, I do not know of any way to put availability times on a page.  And those times are what would be used to have it show in the calendar.

So the short answer is, I am not aware of doing what I think you are trying to do.

There is an option on a page to add it to the student's to do list,  but I do not think that is what you want.  With modules, you are half way to what you want because you can lock the module until a specific day and time.  However, once it is unlocked, there is no way to lock it.  if that feature were available on modules you could do what you want(I think).

It sounds like your only chance is to make a feature request and have Instructure incorporate it.

how do I create an idea conversation

New idea suggestion page

View solution in original post