Why can't a teacher reviewer copy an assignment?

Jump to solution
PauloMerson
Community Participant

The Teacher Reviewer role has similar access to the Teacher role, but does not have permission to add or edit content in the course. The teacher reviewer can see everything the teacher can, including student grades. 

However, the teacher reviewer is not allowed to copy an assignment because the "copy to" option does not show. I think this is an overlook and should be fixed: teacher reviewers should see the copy to option for assignments, quizzes, etc

Imagine the scenario of two teachers assigned to two different sections of the same course. They want to collaborate and share content via Canvas. The proper role assignment in this case is teacher and teacher reviewer in one course, and vice-versa in the other. However, the copy to restriction hinders collaboration. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @PauloMerson ...

The "Teacher Reviewer" role you are seeing in your school's Canvas environment is *not* a standard "out-of-the-box" role provided by Instructure.  As you can see in this Guide, there are only a handful of default roles that are provided:

What user roles and permissions are available in Canvas?

It sounds like the "Teacher Reviewer" role at your school is a custom role that was created by your school's Canvas administrator or someone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning department.  Since we here in the Canvas Community do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or any of your courses, I would recommend having a conversation with folks at your school to see if they would be willing to edit the permission settings for that custom role.  As a Canvas admin, they can use this Guide (which they may already be familiar with):

How do I set permissions for a course-level role in an account?

Hopefully this will be of some help to you.  Good luck as you have these conversations with folks at your school!  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post