cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whiteside_57

Why can't my students see their final grade?

Jump to solution

How do I make my students grades visible to them? I can see their final grade (percentage), but they cannot see it. They can, however, see the final totals for the different sections that make up their final grades.

Below I have attached the view of the Test Student. They do not have any grades entered, but you can see how the Final Grade section is not being shown in student view. 

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@whiteside_57 , my guess is that the box that allows students to see this information has been unchecked. 

To fix this, go to your course, click Settings, scroll down and click "more options," and then make sure the box for "Hide totals in student grades summary" is CHECKED. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

4 Replies
michellez
Community Contributor

Hi  @whiteside_57  - is it possible that your grades have been "muted" either purposely or inadvertently? See How do I mute or unmute an assignment in SpeedGrader?‌ to see if this can help make your grades visible to your students.  Good luck.

Michelle

Thanks for the suggestion, but they aren't Muted. This issue has something to do with the way the course was setup. However, I will double check. Can't hurt. 

Jasmine LW

Best. 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@whiteside_57 , my guess is that the box that allows students to see this information has been unchecked. 

To fix this, go to your course, click Settings, scroll down and click "more options," and then make sure the box for "Hide totals in student grades summary" is CHECKED. 

Hope this helps! Kona

Yess!! Thanks Kona. Changing that setting worked. 

Jasmine LW

Best.