JulianDirks

Why cant i change my display name

I changed my display name a while ago and for some reason its not letting me change it back to my name. Is there a solution to this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @JulianDirks ...

I would recommend that you reach out to your school's Canvas administrator about this question.  Your Canvas administrator may have changed some settings at the account level so that display names cannot be changed by users in your Canvas environment.  Hopefully you'll be able to connect with someone at your school soon.  Good luck!

greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @JulianDirks 

Many schools disable the feature for students to be able to change their names on Canvas. If you were able to do it in the past but not now, it is likely  the school changed those permissions. You would want to speak with your school's registrar office who can make the changes that also reflect in Canvas. If you want to check first, Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-change-the-settings-in-my-user-account-as-... 

If it isn't an option to click into your name and  delete/type then it has been disabled and you'll need to speak with your school directly. 

Ovillela

Es necesario que quién tiene el rol de Administrador haga ese cambio o lo habilite.

0 Kudos