Why do I not have the delete option in files?

Jump to solution
NancyBeardall
Community Member

Hi. I have seen the guide about deleting files, however when I click on a file I do not have the option on the toolbar of a trashbin. I do not have a delete choice in the drop down box on the right either. I am an instructor. How can I delete files please? thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @NancyBeardall ...

Deleting course files is a permission that is set at the Canvas account level.  If you take a look at this screenshot from my own administrator account in Canvas, you'll see that there are some different permissions just for course files that can be set per role type.

Screenshot 2022-01-06 174913.jpg

I'm not sure if the permissions are set exactly like ours for your school, but this is a conversation that you'd need to have with folks in your school's Online Learning/eLearning department ... or someone such as your school's local Canvas administrator.  They would be able to tell you for sure what settings may or may not be enabled for course files.

Hopefully this info will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Thanks.  Be well!

View solution in original post

0 Likes